As you might already know, I am useless at completing these things but lo! What’s this? Oh yes, dear reader (said in my best Enid Blyton tone) here is a completed meme for my, thus far empty, meme section.
Christine, Nickie, Sally and Gappy have all tagged me with the Kreativ Blogger award. I have no idea of the origins so can’t explain the odd spelling. Apparently to qualify I have to reveal 7 facts about myself that you don’t already know. I’m delighted to note that there is no stipulation that these be interesting facts… *phew* for me…..unfortunate for you, still plough on you’re here now.
1) I’m still trying to work out what I want to be when I grow up. At 13 I wanted to be a vet, and then I realised that I’d never get an A in Physics GCSE, let alone A’level. At 17 I decided I wanted to be a criminologist or a forensic psychologist and then I didn’t get the grades I needed to go to Keele (are you sensing a trend here?) Instead I studied Psychology & Law at Middlesex Poly, which converted to a Uni while I was there….so y’know sometimes things work out. At 37 I think I might want to be a counsellor, but that involves more study…so i’ll probably just stay put for now…
2) I have a tattoo and a pierced nose. The tattoo is permanent the nose gets repierced after one too many vodka and ginger beers.
3) I have 9 points on my driving licence and recently attended a speed awareness course in Northampton. I’d like to think I came top of the class.
4) I can hold both my hands in a vulcan greeting whilst simultaneously spreading my toes. One day I will find a use for this.
5) I have been proposed to twice in my life. The first, whilst chained to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the second on a boat on the River Seine. I made it off the bridge after the first, but not to the aisle. I did better the second time around…
6) I travelled South East Asia, surviving exclusively on a diet of Nasi Goreng for 6 months…. I was starving when I hit Australia. Travelling rocks…I’d recommend it to anyone. Just maybe don’t leave all your money in the top of your rucksack whilst taking a night bus down to Phuket…you’re likely to lose it all, which bring me on to;
7) I have slept on the boat that was used in the film Dead Calm….after the night of the terrible bus trip, followed by emotional reunion with dear friend who was crewing on a yacht and had an even better friend who was minding the Storm Vogel and who, thankfully, took pity on me giving me a much appreciated bed for the night.
So now I’m meant to pass this on to seven other bloggers. But since everyone seems to have got there before me, I’m not going to name names, instead I’ll leave it open. So this one’s for you…